4.04.2010

Sexy Sexy Gloriosa

  
     Though I've read of this plant in classic indoor horticulture manuals, I've rarely seen it in cultivation. Until this year, anyway! The Glory Lily (Gloriosa superba) seems to be showing up a lot. I've seen it trained into comely hoops at Home Depot lately. On a previous suggestion from Mr. Subjunctive, I visited the TPIE website website and saw that a new cultivar had won a prize. And, most recently, at the Chicago Garden and Flower Show...




Glory Lily seems to be the flower of the season!

5 comments:

  1. I bought my tubers at a WalMart in the western burbs about years ago. If you're looking for a cheap source for them give WM a try. Unless, you have Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! Just bought my first round of tubers... guess it's time for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I planted some tubers underneath my azalea hedge... I can't wait to see it covered in those awesome flowers!
    By the way I nominated your blog for some Mouse and Trowel awards such a "best blog design" for your well done header! Honestly I think the name of your blog alone should win a prize...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks guy! I nominated you as well. Also, I love your latest poll... "Bird of Paradise" gets my vote for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Might I also add that I like the simplicity of the layout. Don't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete