4.15.2010

Papayas

Coming out of the lab the other day, I happened upon this beautiful sight:



What could this sexy specimen be? A closer inspection was fruitful..... GET IT?!? OMG, SNORT.


A papaya! It was excellent to see a papaya growing so well indoors, because I recently sprouted a few papaya seeds in my plant room. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that my plants will ever be so productive or appealing; my seeds came from a grocery store papaya, while the specimen above was labelled Carica papaya 'TR Hovey,' from Logees greenhouse in Connecticut. We'll just have to see what becomes of my little cuties: 


Welcome to the world, seedlings!
      You should know that there's only one rule in my house: GROW OR DIE. Oh, and try not to fraternize with the Meyer lemon seedlings... they've been experimenting with aphids lately. Citruses are such bad influences.


No comments:

Post a Comment